- Maine Apple Cider Muffin Recipe
- Native Style Squash Soup for Cold Fall and Winter Days
- Autumn In Maine – A Fall Foliage Tour
- Bailey Island, Maine
- Holiday Pumpkin Roll
- Maine’s Spectacular Foliage Display
- Maine Chowder Recipes
- Maine Events for June 2015
- Are You Ready For Spring 2015?
- You Can WIN An Inn In Maine!
- West Coast Maine Magazine – Winter 2014 Edition
- Port Clyde Harbor, Maine
- The Beautiful Gardens of Maine
- Cheryl Johnson – Maine Artist/Illustrator and Author
- April in Maine
- Maine MAPLE Sunday – March 23, 2014
- Bonifantes Boys Choir Comes To Western Maine
- New Children’s Book by Cheryl Johnson
- It’s SEED Catalog Time
- Maine Winter Driving Tips
- The Beautiful Little Town of Bridgton
- Maine Pumpkin Patches, Hayrides, And PIE!
- Western Maine hosts the Crossroads International Celtic Festival
- Maine in September
- Our Newest Maine T-Shirt
- Watch Out For Moose!
- May in Maine
- Moore Park Art Show – So. Paris, Maine
- Fisherman’s Festival in Boothbay Harbor
- Maine Maple Sunday!
- Vejibag – A Maine “Green” Business
- The Maine Brew Bus
- Discover Maine – Sail The Muscongus on the Sarah Mead
- Winter in Maine – Photography by Judith Hayes
- Maine Lakes Mushers Bowl
- If You Live in Maine – Jeff Foxworthy
- Happy New Year – 2013
Category Archives: Recipes
It’s that time of year! Foliage, Apple Picking, Pumpkin Picking, Hayrides, and Halloween. There is no better place to be than Maine when fall rolls around. Just in case you are new to these parts, we want to be sure … Continue reading
By Judith Hayes It’s Maine Maple Sunday!! Check out the Maine Maple Producer’s Map of all the locations you can visit to see how Maine Maple Syrup is made and MAYBE get a free sample!! A great sign of spring … Continue reading
A New Discovery by Judith Hayes When I find the time to just browse the web for new things, I always tend to look for great blogs. I love to learn new things whether it’s history-related, travel-related, or recipe-related. This … Continue reading
Pumpkin Season in Maine Judith Hayes As you drive the country roads, bright patches of orange are visible in the fields. Farm stands and yards have piles of the bright orange fruit just begging to be bought for lawn decoration, … Continue reading
The Cook family has been in the lobstering business all of Stephen Cook’s life, and in the 1950s the Cook family opened Cook’s Restaurant and Pound, located in Garrison Cove on beautiful Baily Island. Their patrons regularly commented on how Cook’s lobsters tasted so much better than other lobsters, because they were cooked in salt water. In 1998 Stephen opened the Maine Sea Salt Company in his quest to “bring the ocean to everyone”.
Today, everyone can enjoy the healthy taste of Maine Sea Salt with their lobster, and all their other favorite recipes. The Maine Sea Salt Company offers a huge selection of sizes, including grinders, as well as seasoned and smoked flavor salts.
The Maine Sea Salt Company, located in Marshfield, Maine, produces pure Maine Sea Salt by using a solar evaporation process, and Stephen and his wife Sharon invite folks to give them a call between spring and fall. If they are open that day, you can stop on by and take a tour of the Maine Sea Salt facility and see how it operates. You can sample some of there great natural sea salt products.
It’s the time of year everyone has the barbecue working and Maine Sea Salt would like to share this great recipe with you.
Combine the following ingredients and rub onto ribs, roasts, or steaks before barbecuing.
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 4 Tbsp ground Hickory-Smoked Maine Sea Salt™
(I have a coffee mill that I use exclusively for grinding sea salt, peppercorns, and other spices.)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
You can visit their website here Maine Sea Salt gift packs make great hostess and holiday gifts.
Maine Sea Salt Company
11 Church Lane
Marshfield, ME 04654
(207) 255-3310 – General business and phone orders.
Standard Business Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)